calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Yeong Wei Lai <la...@persistent.com>
Subject Getting Meta.CalciteSignature from Meta.Signature
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:26:31 GMT
Hi All,

I am currently implementing the preparedStatements for Remote JDBC.

During a Client's connection.preparedStatement( ... ) which invokes the CalciteMetaImpl.prepare
that creates a Meta.CalciteSignature but return as Meta.Signature type.

Upon Client's preparedStatement.executeQuery(), I am translating the invocation into a call
for CalciteMetaImpl.execute(StatementHandle h, Signature signature) (my new implementation)
that should be able to return a MetaResultSet which eventually be processed by the LocalService.toResponse.

However in the following call for meta.createIterable, there is an attempt to cast the Meta.Signature
into Meta.CalciteSignature which currently throws the cast type exception.

Is there a way that I can create the Meta.CalciteSignature Object from a Meta.Signature Object
?

Thanks!

Rgds,
Yeong