calcite-dev mailing list archives

From "Hartman, Trevor" <thart...@ebay.com>
Subject Re: Calcite documentation
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:40:05 GMT
> My preferred process would be to treat docs as code, that is, put documentation in markdown
files in the doc directory, and submit pull requests for that doc.

+1 on in-repo PR-driven docs.

Additions to the topic list:

- Writing an adapter
- Testing an adapter

After removing my items that are covered by Julian's, the full list becomes:

(a) Overview of Calcite
(b) Pushing down operations, manipulating the relational expression tree
(c) The standard relational expressions
(d) Overview of planning concepts (RelNode, rule, trait, convention, metadata)
(e) The lifecycle of a query, from parsing to execution
(f) Enumerable convention (expands on e)
(g) Bindable convention and the interpreter (expands on e)
(h) Writing an adapter
(i) Testing an adapter

Other suggestions for topics?

Trevor