calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Wang <casti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I want to contribute to Calcite
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:54:00 GMT
Sure. Will do.

Also, Just now I'm walking through the new HOWTO session you wrote for new contributors. On
csv-example I got one issue similar to the one they found at Apache Drill project. I don't
know maybe it's just me...anyways, error is "Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine"
and my maven is 3.3.1 and java is 1.8.0_25. Pasting what I found below in case you guys have
thoughts on that. I'm still checking.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201312.mbox/%3CSNT149-W41564548DD8250EED212DCDDCC0@phx.gbl%3E
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201312.mbox/%3CSNT149-W41564548DD8250EED212DCDDCC0@phx.gbl%3E>
Progress so far-------------------Looks like apache-rat-plugin didn't like me logging the
content to log.txt under incubator-drill.  Once I instructed mvn to log the output outside
the folder, the build got completed without any error.

Open issue---------------The sqlline.bat looks as follows:if not exist contrib\sqlline\target
(
    cd contrib\sqlline
    mvn package
    cd ..\..
)java -Xmx1G -Dlogback.configurationFile=.\sqlparser\src\test\resources\logback.xml -jar contrib\sqlline\target\drill-sqlline-1.0.0-m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
--verbose=true
The updated pom.xml has been attached.  In the pom.xml I have included maven-jar-plugin to
add Manifest entries for Classpath and Main-Class.  I have attached the MANIFEST.MF as well
for reference.  As per jar spec, maven breaks the classpath at 72 and the continuation starts
with a single space.  I have checked that all the files specified in the classpath is available
in my local repository.   The problem I am facing is that java is not able to find sqlline.SqlLine
class from the classpath.   D:\workspace\incubator-drill>java -Xmx1G -Dlogback.configurationFile=.\sqlparser\src\test\resources\logback.xml
-jar contrib\sqlline\target\drill-sqlline-1.0.0-m2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar --verbose=true
Error: Could not find or load main class sqlline.SqlLine For now I have ignored passing the
command line parameter.  But that is not related to the problem at hand.   This SO answer
suggests the command be included in the back quotes, if the command is not executed from the
directory containing the jar, but Windows doesn't support command substitution.   And this
SO answer suggests to downgrade the maven version to 2.3.2 and change classpath configuration
so that each jar path starts in a new line.  Since I am not manually adding the classpath,
I am not sure how to implement this suggestion. Would you please let me know your thoughts
on this?  I appreciate any help on this.
Regards,
Ravi