calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Schedule for Calcite release 1.2
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:03:06 GMT
Only a few days left til we freeze for 1.2. I need your help to make
this a smooth release process.

1. If you have private tests, run them now! Log issues if you find problems.

I have just pushed a new 1.2-SNAPSHOT [ based on
https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/commit/241f77e256a1ee7df8c9bd5c73b025d45b7e6cb5
] to Apache Nexus, if that helps.

2. What work is left to be done? The following issues are tagged
"next" and are unresolved. If you're working on them, or anything
else, please shout up.

 CALCITE-507 Add Vagrant files to enable testing of data storages:
mysql, postgresql, mongo, etc
 CALCITE-579 Regularly and automatically run full test suite on Vagrant VM
 CALCITE-620 Use an official release of pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm
 CALCITE-641 Implement logging throughout Avatica
 CALCITE-642 Avatica server metrics
 CALCITE-661 CalciteMetaImpl#prepare not setting Signature into StatementHandle

I'm trying to get

  CALCITE-468 Introduce semi join reduction optimization in Calcite

but it's a stretch goal.

3. Are there any patches that I've missed? I've committed all that I know about.

Julian