calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing a table that can be queried by index (noob question)
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 20:07:00 GMT
Hi,

Here are my rants on the subject:
1) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/201411.mbox/%3CCAB%3DJe-GTi1-dABpzxvpVmaDjmEuLwePgRURTQhP9vhk0KSqeaQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

2) Currently Calcite tries to fully de-correlate the queries. In other
words, Calcite "never" produces a "nested loops" execution plan.
Well, it does support Correlate plans (it can even execute ones), but
typically you want cost-based de-correlation. For instance, it would
be nice if Calcite could compare "hashjoin(fullscan, fullscan)" vs
"nestedloops(fullscan, indexscan)" on a cost basis.

I have not yet moved in the direction, however I hope I reach that goal.

Are you going to join hangout on the 13th May 10am pacific?
It could be a good discussion topic.

Vladimir