calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Calcite web site
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 12:23:58 GMT
Well, it finally happened. I managed to find a few days and got the web
site into reasonable shape. I still need to fix up the formatting, but take
a look at the new http://calcite.incubator.apache.org/.

I would appreciate your help reviewing the new site.

1. Does the process work? Check out
https://github.com/julianhyde/incubator-calcite/commits/355-site, read the
instructions in
https://github.com/julianhyde/incubator-calcite/blob/355-site/site/README.md,
and see whether you are able to locally generate the site.

2. How is the structure of the new site? Can you find everything you need?

3. How is the content? Does the site explain Calcite, our community and
processes to someone who has not heard of Calcite or Apache before?

I found that Jekyll is an easy framework to use, and I think it produces
nice-looking results. I'm excited because, for the first time, people can
easily submit pull requests for minor and major changes to the web site.

Julian