calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:31:06 GMT
I’d like to introduce a meta-discussion into this thread.

Calcite’s Avatica module[1] is growing into a separate community. Calcite depends upon Avatica
but not vice versa. At some point I would like to consider splitting Avatica out as a separate
project (an incubation project and ultimately a TLP). There is no particular urgency to this
decision.

Is now a good time to have that discussion, or is it better to have that discussion after
graduation?

Julian

[1] http://calcite.incubator.apache.org/docs/avatica.html