calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should Jackson-annotated POJOs stick around
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:14:26 GMT
Andrew Purtell wrote:
> That might be because protobuf documentation, and I'd assume accumulated
> practice based upon it, warns against using generated pbuf objects directly
> as model classes. (See the "Protocol Buffers and O-O Design" callout on
> https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/javatutorial.)

Assuming that's the case, that makes sense. It was just not clear to me
if Julian and I were just talking past each other or if there was some
fallacy I was suggesting.

> Maybe it's possible to wire up Jackson for emitting protobuf output as
> another transport option?
> https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-dataformat-protobuf

Thanks for the link. After Paul's offer of help, I meant to look around
to see what this interaction would actually look like. I have more
reading to do.