calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 02:52:48 GMT
IMO, assuming the growth continues on Avatica, I think it could easily
grow itself into the incubator. I don't think it needs to hinge on
Calcite's graduation, either. I would guess that over time, if it should
be its own project, it will naturally follow that path.

Perhaps making the changes in Calcite to fix the dependencies (and
solving any other technical issues) would help make it easy for a "new"
community to bring Avatica into incubator.

Julian Hyde wrote:
> I’d like to introduce a meta-discussion into this thread.
>
> Calcite’s Avatica module[1] is growing into a separate community. Calcite depends upon
Avatica but not vice versa. At some point I would like to consider splitting Avatica out as
a separate project (an incubation project and ultimately a TLP). There is no particular urgency
to this decision.