calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <m...@glimpse.io>
Subject Re: Executing a RelJson directly
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 22:52:50 GMT

That would explain why I couldn't figure out how to do it.

For the project I'm working on, I want to be able to serialize RelJson to .json files and
then re-execute them later in a web microservices framework. It occurs to me that the Avatica
server does 90% of what I want. Is it plausible that a "rel" JSON property might be queried
in org.apache.calcite.avatica.Meta and used to execute the query (preempting the "sql" JSON
property)? If the idea is sound, I may take a stab at implementing it.

Bonus question: has anyone considered creating a JSON Schema definition for the RelJson and
ModelHandler JSON formats? It could come in handy for people who want to implement an Avatica
client in another language.