calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jinfeng Ni <jinfengn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT available, MASTER closed, please try it out
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:03:33 GMT
Thanks, Julian!

I think that's the last regression issue for 1.4.0 release from Drill side.
With Calcite-833 patch, all the regression suites run successfully.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

> Since 833 is a regression, yes, we can get it into the 1.4. I have added
> some comments that I would like Sean to address.
>
> > On Aug 10, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Jinfeng Ni <jinfengni99@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Forgot to include the link to the JIRA of CALCITE-833 [1].
> >

> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-833
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Jinfeng Ni <jinfengni99@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> The patch of DRILL-822 fixed the regressions we previously saw on Drill
> >> side.
> >>
> >> There is one remaining regression in Drill's regression suite, for which
> >> Sean has opened JIRA CALCITE-833 [1] and submitted a patch.  Can we get
> the
> >> patch of CALCITE-833 merged into 1.4.0 release?
> >>

> >> [1] https://github.com/hsuanyi/incubator-calcite/tree/CALCITE-833

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/commit/e827bf0a2e410e5613dcf407778e4f5735e75c1c

> being
> process
I can
> run

> RelFieldTrimmer.

I'm seeing 59

on

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/commit/1580bd0fec62d836c9870

the Hive tests and let
don’t think it necessary

wrote:

> [...]
update the JIRA case when

<jhyde@apache.org>

works?

AM, Julian Hyde <
You're right that it was
fix to
Not
sure it was for a good reason.

12:58 AM, Jesus Camachorodriguez
wrote:
> [...]
to trigger a Hive QA run. I have
our tests fail. We will be checking

"Jacques Nadeau" <

2015 at 10:15 PM, Julian Hyde

take a look at 741, 743, Jacques.
actually rolling a release.

28, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Jacques Nadeau
are you looking at 741/743 or should I take a

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Julian Hyde

you should include 811. It adds 3 new
not change the existing one.

believe that Hive's test run has finished.
when you have some results?

to do are release-related changes: release
do the web site after the RC.

hoping to get Maryann's patch to 793 in, but I
case, so let's defer that one.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Jacques Nadeau

It seems like everyone is happy with the current
> [...]
identified by Hive looks like it was a Hive fix

I noticed that Jesus committed one thing after my

people feel like that is absolutely required in this

involved?  I'm fine including it but am initially

the next release if it isn't pressing.  The jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-811

Thoughts?

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Julian Hyde <

I¹ve tried the compile against Hive[1], fixed a
> [...]
SortFactory), and now Jesus is going to run the

Jacques, If you¹re writing release notes you might

script useful.

Julian

[1]

[2]

On Jul 24, 2015, at 7:35 PM, Jacques Nadeau

I've pushed a 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT to the Apache
> [...]
owners, please try out this branch and report back

showstopping regressions.  That way we can work

put

this to an actual release vote.

You can to the current commit by adding the

repository to your pom.xml:

The version of the artifacts to reference is

artifacts

are currently based on git commit

5cb95e644f38da1a13d6def96eeec935b650289c.

I'll target sending an actual release vote EOD

additional issues.

Thanks,

Jacques