calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT available, MASTER closed, please try it out
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 15:50:36 GMT
I have added 3 commits to master: Jesus' fix to 826, and Milinda's fix
to 822, and Jinfeng's test case for 822. I think this fixes the main
issues that were causing regression in Drill and Hive. I've created a
new snapshot based on the latest master.

Can those teams please re-test and let this list know how those tests went?

A reminder that no other commits should go into master until the
release is out. (Probably around 8/20.) I have been applying patches
to my personal julianhyde/new-master branch[2], and you can consider
this a preview of how the master branch will look right after the
release. If you need the latest and greatest and can stand the
occasional rebase, you're welcome to develop on that branch.

Julian

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/commit/e827bf0a2e410e5613dcf407778e4f5735e75c1c

[2] https://github.com/julianhyde/incubator-calcite/tree/new-master

<jhyde@apache.org>
that it was caused by
>>> the
Not sure
>>> why
for a good reason.

wrote:
> [...]
a Hive QA run. I have logged
We will be checking into

<jacques@apache.org>

PM, Julian Hyde

at 741, 743, Jacques. They're
>>> best
a release.

PM, Jacques Nadeau
at 741/743 or should I take a look?

4:03 PM, Julian Hyde

include 811. It adds 3 new instances
>>> of a
existing one.

Hive's test run has finished. Jesus,
some results?

changes: release notes,
>>> 741,
after the RC.

Maryann's patch to 793 in, but I still
defer that one.

at 3:23 PM, Jacques Nadeau
everyone is happy with the current release.
Hive looks like it was a Hive fix rather
>>> than
Jesus committed one thing after my
>>> proposed
that is absolutely required in this
fine including it but am initially
>>> inclined
if it isn't pressing.  The jira:

2015 at 12:32 PM, Julian Hyde <

the compile against Hive[1], fixed a minor
and now Jesus is going to run the Hive

you¹re writing release notes you might find
>>> my

2015, at 7:35 PM, Jacques Nadeau

a 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT to the Apache Snapshot
>>> Repo.
please try out this branch and report back
regressions.  That way we can work out any
an actual release vote.

to the current commit by adding the following
to your pom.xml:

of the artifacts to reference is
based on git commit

sending an actual release vote EOD Tuesday
issues.