calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 14:17:28 GMT
I'm hearing a consensus that Calcite is ready to graduate. The next steps
are to have a formal vote on this list, then votes on the Incubator list
and finally board approval. I plan to start a vote as soon as the 1.4
release has passed on the IPMC list.

But before then, we need to decide what we are voting for!

1. Do we need any bylaws, or is the standard boilerplate graduation
resolution sufficient? (I would include a reference to this resolution, or
reference a recent vote by a comparable project, but I'm on a train with no
wifi typing this into a mobile phone.)

2. How do we choose the members of the initial PMC? I believe the usual
policy is that committers and PPMC members become PMC members. I am fine
with that, but I think we should give folks the chance to step down (I am
thinking of mentors and initial committers).

3. Anything else to sort out before we move to a vote?

Julian