calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 04:11:30 GMT
Now that this discussion has reached equilibrium I’ll start a vote.

Per the discussion:
* One person asked to be removed from the list and the motion will reflect that.
* I will put myself forward as the initial VP.
* No bylaws, but we reached a consensus in the discussion that the post of VP should come
up annually.

Julian

> On Sep 5, 2015, at 10:15 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I’m happy to serve as the initial VP if that is the consensus.
>
> I like the idea that the post comes up annually, and that triggers a “state of the
project” discussion. And it would be great if I can rotate the role to someone else. I share
Ted’s concerns about diversity - not just in the VP, but also in release managers and committers
(i.e. people taking third-party contributions and committing them to master branch).

> To improve diversity, I think it would help if we start counting and reporting who is
doing third-party commits. There’s too much of me right now.

> Also, it doesn’t need to be in the bylaws, but after graduation, let’s agree a “start
date” so that the appointment is exactly a year. (Analogous to Jan 20 for US presidents.)