calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Kausik Subramanian <sskausi...@gmail.com>
Subject Transitioning from HepPlanner to VolcanoPlanner in Hive
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:39:49 GMT
Hello,

On a project, I needed to get different operator trees for a query, a
functionality I implemented in VolcanoPlanner. I was successful in
obtaining different operator trees when using calcite using sqlline(as
specified in the tutorial).

However, I am trying to use VolcanoPlanner in Hive instead of HepPlanner,
and the VolcanoPlanner object does not create the different operator trees
and I get the initial query plan, unmodified. I suspect an incorrect
instantiation of the VolcanoPlanner class.

Can we transition from HepPlanner to VolcanoPlanner? What would be the
steps needed to do this? I would appreciate pointers in this regard.

Thank you,
Kausik
--
Kausik Subramanian
CS PhD Graduate | University of Wisconsin-Madison