calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Van Besien <ja...@ngdata.com>
Subject avatica jdbc URL connection properties
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:26:19 GMT
Hi,

I have an avatica (remote RPC) implementation to create a "thin" jdbc
client for our
existing "thick" jdbc client implemented with calcite.

I was wondering if there is a way to pass connection properties from
the client JDBC connection URL to the server.

In other words, my client JDBC url would be something like

jdbc:xyz:thin:url=http://localhost:8765;key=value

And I want to know server side that the property "key" has value
"value", ideally before making the actual server side JDBC connection
for requests from this client.

For a moment I thought ConnectionSyncRequest is what I need, but that
seems to define a fixed set of properties.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
Jan