calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Van Besien <ja...@ngdata.com>
Subject avatica streaming
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:35:37 GMT
Hi,

I was looking into Avatica to create a "thin" jdbc client for our
existing "thick" jdbc client implemented with calcite. I got something
working very quickly, very much similar to what Apache Phoenix has
done.

However, I immediately notice that there is no streaming between
client and server for large result sets. In other words, if I execute
a query which results in a large result set, the client has to wait a
long time without any feedback and if the result set is large enough
the server goes OOM.

I am wondering if this functionality is simply missing from Avatica or
whether there is some extra work required on my end to make it work.

Thanks
Jan