calcite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:21:30 GMT
@Julian, sure, it will be nice to be the release manager for 1.5.

If I understand well, once the vote to establish Calcite as a top-level
project passes, there should be some work together with the Apache infra
team to do the migration to top-level project, right?
Thus, I think it makes sense to release 1.5 before that. How do others
feel about all this?

We could try to follow this tentative schedule:
* October 2nd (Friday) - close MASTER, enter stabilization period
* October 9th (Friday) - first release candidate
* October 16th (Friday) - release

About pending patches: on my side, I plan to review CALCITE-900 today so
it can go in. I will try to include CALCITE-856 too.


On 9/29/15, 7:16 PM, "Julian Hyde" <> wrote:

>When would be a good time for our next release?
>Here are some dates:
>* We aim to release "every month or so".
>* 1.4 was released on 9/2 [1].
>* It takes about 2 weeks to release, so if we started today, we could
>release on about 10/13.
>* The Apache board meeting is on 10/14 [2] and if the vote to
>establish Calcite passes we would make our first release as a
>top-level project as early as 10/21.
>Does anyone have any other constraints, e.g. features they would like
>to complete?
>Jesus, could you take on the release manager role?

View raw message