calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Hinchey <hinche...@gmail.com>
Subject Avatica includes jackson in the jar
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:31:37 GMT
I'm have difficulty building my project which uses both calcite and another
lib that uses a different version of fasterxml/jackson.

I found that avatica builds an uberjar, using mvn-shade to rename the
protobuf package, but also includes the jackson classes in the jar.  This
is the case since 1.5.0, not before.  Is that intentional?

Should the jackson packages also be renamed/shaded within avatica?

Incidentally, jackson 2.1.1 is from 2012.  The latest stable release is
2.6.3.  All tests pass with the new version.

Thanks,
Mike