calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Sameh Samra <samehsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: change SQL after parsing
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 11:19:18 GMT
Was this email  lost?
I can't find it in your archive
Thanks

From: Sameh Samra <samehsamra@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Subject: change SQL after parsing
To: dev@calcite.apache.org

Hi,
Calcite parser parses select statement to SqlSelect class which gives
ability to set (selectList/ from/ where) clauses. While I was looking for
examples I found this message (Parsing SQL) by Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo
in February 2015 archive
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/201502.mbox/browser>.
Moreover, your reply was there are multiple ways to modify sql after
parsing.

Actually, I want to edit sql queries by:
  1- adding some conditions in where clause.
  2- adding a table to from clause.

Our queries have some little bit complication; that means nested,
sub-queries and union. Further, we want to add the modifications in a
certain parts.

Are there other methods better than using SqlSelect class?

Thank you in advance
SSamra

ENG : Sameh Aly Abo Samra
Computer & System Engineer