calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jinfeng Ni <jinfengn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assertion check in RelOptTableImpl.create()
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:23:42 GMT
Whether Table implements
ScannableTable/QuerableTable/TranslatableTable would have impact of
RelOptTableImpl.toRel() method.
toRel() method will rely on that to return LogicalScan, or
EnumerableTableScan etc.

Although throw UnsupportedException would solve my current problem,
I'm not clear why those "free floating" tables have to implement the
interface, and the regular tables do not have to.  If there is no
other reason, I kindly agree with Jacques that we better remove the
assertion.