calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache-hosted CI (was Re: Build error in master branch)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:36:23 GMT
Are we good with Jenkins notifications coming to dev@calcite for now?

Julian Hyde wrote:
> Anyway, don’t worry too much about why the test is failing. We’ll figure out it.
The task is complete when you’ve added a link to the web page. And thanks again.

> Julian
>
>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 11:12 AM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure, actually. The first run passed, I haven't looked closely enough to
guess why it fails. Will try to take a look tonight.

>> For those who don't already have Jenkins accounts, I think Julian (as VP) should
have the karma to give you the necessary permission to update/tweak the Jenkins job (or he
will have the ability to request such a permission).

>> Julian Hyde wrote:
>>> Fantastic! We’ve needed CI for a long time.
>>>
>>> I think the only thing left is to link to that site from somewhere on our web
site, maybe http://calcite.apache.org/develop/<http://calcite.apache.org/develop/>.
I’ve assigned https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-623 to you. Can you mark it
fixed when you’ve added that link. I’m happy to re-publish the web site.

>>> Any idea why the JDK 1.7 build is failing? Maybe some interference between tests?
>>>
>>> Julian

run tests, and build javadocs. As an added perk, if the build was successful, it will deploy
the snapshot to the Apache snapshots repository (hooray). We can also have the job send a
message to one of our lists on pass/fail. Both jobs are presently configured just to message
me for now.