calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache-hosted CI (was Re: Build error in master branch)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:13:41 GMT
So, I see this as two things. What I did last night is just a regular CI
build that runs periodically to make sure the repository is good. We
will also want to have a PreCommit job which is a TBD for me to hook up
(this is where Yetus will come into play) which will run some changeset
through rules and say yay/nay.

I think I know what I have to do for Yetus configuration-wise, but I
need to prod the Yetus folks about our Github-based workflow. It has the
support to build/test pull requests, but I'm not sure if there is an
example integration for this in Apache-based infra yet. We might be
guinea pigs :)

Julian Hyde wrote:
> Yes. I see this build as the basic minimum, so we want it to pass 100% of the time.
>
> By the way, that means that committers should run through this process BEFORE they commit.
If there are even checkstyle errors, they should be fixed before the commit.

>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 11:36 AM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Are we good with Jenkins notifications coming to dev@calcite for now?
>>
>> Julian Hyde wrote:
>>> Anyway, don’t worry too much about why the test is failing. We’ll figure
out it. The task is complete when you’ve added a link to the web page. And thanks again.

>>> Julian

to guess why it fails. Will try to take a look tonight.

should have the karma to give you the necessary permission to update/tweak the Jenkins job
(or he will have the ability to request such a permission).

our web site, maybe http://calcite.apache.org/develop/<http://calcite.apache.org/develop/>.
I’ve assigned https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-623 to you. Can you mark it
fixed when you’ve added that link. I’m happy to re-publish the web site.

compile, run tests, and build javadocs. As an added perk, if the build was successful, it
will deploy the snapshot to the Apache snapshots repository (hooray). We can also have the
job send a message to one of our lists on pass/fail. Both jobs are presently configured just
to message me for now.