calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minimal Example of Avatica Server
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:05:56 GMT
Hi Yiannis,

Thanks for the kind words, and happy to see you here.

In general, you can construct your own server by doing the following:

```
JdbcMeta meta = new JdbcMeta(...); // Provide the correct JDBC url here
LocalService service = new LocalService(meta, ...); // Construct the
service around JdbcMeta

// Construct a Jetty Handler for the HTTP Server
HandlerFactory factory = new HandlerFactory();
Handler handler = factory.getHandler(service,
Driver.Serialization.PROTOBUF);

// Start the HTTP server with the provided service and handler
HttpServer server = new HttpServer(service, handler);

// Start the server
server.start();
```

We could probably stand for more documentation here (and a clearer API
statement). Would love to hear back how it works out for you. You could
also take a look at the server in use by Phoenix[1].

- Josh

[1]
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-server/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/queryserver/server/Main.java