calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Gülzau <kguel...@novomind.com>
Subject jackson inside avatica jar
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:39:21 GMT
Hi *,

what’s the reason for including the whole Jackson jar inside the avatica jar?
We are just using the calcite sql parser and are using a newer version of Jackson as included
in avatica.

As a result we can’t use the newer functionality of Jackson since the included version is
used :-\

From my point of view it doesn’t make sense to include Jackson (with the normal package
path) when it is also a compile dependency…

When I have read it correctly in an older post
“When we come to consensus on shading that could be another JIRA case.”
It time to open a JIRA case?

Regards,

Kai