calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache-hosted CI (was Re: Build error in master branch)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:22:02 GMT
Cool.

I wonder:
1) Can we use Docker? I think that is the easiest way to launch "real
databases" in there.
Well, docker management is no way easy, however if you have other
options, just propose. I do not think it is wise to "install DB from
scratch for each CI run".
2) Are there startup penalties for that? For instance, Travis' Trusty
images (the new ones with sudo:required & support of docker command)
take 25+ seconds to startup
3) Who configures the set of build jobs? For instance, we might want
split "checkstyle", "javadoc", etc to a separate job so "bad style"
does not immediately mark all the jobs red.

Vladimir