calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache-hosted CI (was Re: Build error in master branch)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:52:49 GMT
> If there are even checkstyle errors, they should be fixed before the commit.

Of course they should.
However, I am not sure if it wise to ask "full javadoc build" before
each commit. It takes enormous time (especially, if jdk sources are
included to properly inherit javadocs from java.* classes).

I mean:
1) Having checkstyle separate shaves time on "test execution".
2) Assuming we'll implement PR testing shortly, "checkstyle" job might
catch non-yet-well-formed PRs

PR-testing is something a bit different from "CI-testing of the main
brach". I wonder if we need a separate set of jobs for that (e.g. in
order not to clutter main build history).

What are the opinions here?

For my in-house Jenkins deployment I'm having great fun with a mix of
Job DSL plugin + Multijob plugin.
The former allows to script job configuration (in groovy), so I do not
need to edit jobs manually here and there.
The latter allows to organize job hierarchy in a series of phases when
each phase launches a set of concurrent jobs.
We do not need OOP for current couple of jobs, however it might be
something to consider.

Vladimir