calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiy...@gmail.com>
Subject translate function syntax
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:20:22 GMT
Hi all!

In Drill we faced the issue that Calcite doesn't allow Hive function
translate (expession, from_string, to_string) as Calcite expects different
syntax: translate( expression USING identifier).
Though translate(expression USING identifier) is an SQL standard, translate
(expession, from_string, to_string) is widely used among other databases.

Is there a way customly complement Calcite parse instructions for translate
function without Calcite code change?
I see that we can add custom sql statements, literals and so on but I
didn't figure out how all these can be used for translate function case.

Kind regards
Arina