calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Stream SQL
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 01:35:17 GMT
Let me rephrase: The *majority* of the literature, of which I cited
just one example, calls them punctuation, and a couple of recent
papers out of Mountain View doesn't change that.

There are some fine distinctions between punctuation, heartbeats,
watermarks and rowtime bounds, mostly in terms of how they are
generated and propagated, that matter little when planning the query.