calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.7.0 (release candidate 0)
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:55:22 GMT
Confirmed, I get the same results.

Alan.

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 09:51, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Try adding ‘-Papache-release’. Our rat config is only within the apache-release profile.
>
> I just ran it on the source tarball and it had one failure, due to git.properties. I’ll
fix that next time.

> Julian
>

>> On Mar 18, 2016, at 9:46 AM, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I ran it with the command:
>> mvn apache-rat:check -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/gates/tmp/calcite/m2/
>>
>> Is there a different command I should use?  If so, I think it’s fine if we document
that in a developer readme or something.

>> Alan.
>>
>>> On Mar 18, 2016, at 09:39, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This has come up before[1]. We run rat as part of the build process, from within
Maven. The pom has some rat exclusions. But when rat is run outside of maven, it doesn’t
pick up those exclusions. A useful feature for rat would be to take exclusions in a file,
so that it could use the same exclusions list when run from within and from outside maven.

>>> Julian
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-746

repo, and checked for any binary files.  The one thing I’d note is that the rat check fails
because a number of files don’t have licenses.  Some of these look like they are generated
so maybe we don’t have an option to put the license in.  If that is the case is there a
way to tell rat to ignore these file?  It would be good to have a clean rat check so we know
when it fails we need to pay attention.