calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads-up: Avatica now "disconnected" from root project
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 23:24:30 GMT
Aww, beautiful. Thanks for making the time to do this. I completely
punted on it, and am grateful that you picked it up now.

Yes, consider this a formal volunteering for RM for Avatica. I'll try to
get an RC spun up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Julian Hyde wrote:
> I discovered a problem with the “ln -s” approach, and so abandoned it: since there
was only one Jekyll site, it is not possible to give the Avatica site separate branding (logo,
color scheme, and menu structure).

> I now think the best approach is to have a separate Jekyll instance (i.e. you should
run “bundle exec jekyll serve” from avatica/site if you are developing the avatica web
site) but have both deploy to the same calcite/site/target directory. See the updated README[1].

> I have created an Avatica logo and color scheme and deployed the results to https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/.
The web site is incomplete, and I’d be the first to admit that the logo&  color scheme
are not great, but something’s better than nothing. I don’t think there are any links
from https://calcite.apache.org/ to https://calcite.apache.org/avatica so casual browsers
will not notice the work-in-progress.

>> On Mar 7, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Regarding the build: everything is working to the best of my knowledge.
>
> Great.
>
>> How do you (and others) feel about me throwing together a release candidate for an
Avatica 1.7.0? I'm assuming we'll have to work in tandem the first time (first couple of times?)
until we get a good process in place.