calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.7.0 (release candidate 0)
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:46:08 GMT
I ran it with the command:
mvn apache-rat:check -Dmaven.repo.local=/Users/gates/tmp/calcite/m2/

Is there a different command I should use?  If so, I think it’s fine if we document that
in a developer readme or something.

Alan.

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 09:39, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> This has come up before[1]. We run rat as part of the build process, from within Maven.
The pom has some rat exclusions. But when rat is run outside of maven, it doesn’t pick up
those exclusions. A useful feature for rat would be to take exclusions in a file, so that
it could use the same exclusions list when run from within and from outside maven.

> Julian
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-746
>

>> On Mar 18, 2016, at 9:31 AM, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1, checked the LICENSE and NOTICE files, did a build with a fresh maven repo, and
checked for any binary files.  The one thing I’d note is that the rat check fails because
a number of files don’t have licenses.  Some of these look like they are generated so maybe
we don’t have an option to put the license in.  If that is the case is there a way to tell
rat to ignore these file?  It would be good to have a clean rat check so we know when it fails
we need to pay attention.

>> Alan.
>>
>>> On Mar 17, 2016, at 16:49, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.7.0, release candidate 0.
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release. This is the
>>> first Calcite release since Avatica became an independent project, so
>>> now includes Avatica as it would any other library, and also features
>>> a brand new Cassandra adapter, and a slew of bug-fixes and
>>> improvements to the planning process.
>>>
>>> You can read the release notes here:
>>> https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/branch-1.7/site/_docs/history.md
>>>
>>> The commit to be voted upon:
>>> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite/commit/8eebfc6d169421509e5d4792a18917fcb6c44efb
>>>
>>> Its hash is 8eebfc6d169421509e5d4792a18917fcb6c44efb.
>>>
>>> The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-1.7.0-rc0
>>>
>>> The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
>>> src.tar.gz.md5 fe75444b842d9fe1764777765a012c02
>>> src.tar.gz.sha1 78c94408d3742b275c3a77d7312845ac2a98d067
>>> src.zip.md5 c37a9079fe7b948ee1bcfbd84b3b2852