calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Email notifications for JIRA cases
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 04:32:19 GMT
+0 in Phoenix and HBase land I setup filters so any issue gets archived if
it's not directed at me. Tends to clutter my inbox with things I don't care
about, esp as a part-time contributor. If this (or another project) isn't
your full time job, then it's hard to care when you have 10s-100s of other
emails to triage.

This only gets worse as the project gets more active. If people setup
filters, which is likely as the project gets more active, then you are back
in the same boat.

We already have a place to go if people want to see all the issues. And
then you can see jira of you want to look at velocity and changes.

To me dev list is for general discussion, with jira being the action items
from that discussion (of any). If there is a big concern in a jira and its
not getting attention, then @dev is a good place to raise that concern.

There will always be ppl who want to look at all the changes in jira, so as
long as they have a reasonable way to do that, it seems OK.

Either way, it won't bother me too much - there is a work around.

Just my $0.02