calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calcite design identity/new logo
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:11:04 GMT
I have done a little bit of design work in the past. If you want to take a
look at some images of calcite to find one that you think would make a good
logo I can try to make a reasonable looking vector version of it.

This is the closest thing I could find to the current logo [1]

Looking at the image on the wikipedia page I noticed that calcite has this
cool refractive property of duplicating the image of something viewed
through it. I might be able to do something with a duplicated apache logo
seen through calcite or something, but I'm not sure how well this would
translate. [2]

[1] -
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/128619965-calcite-the-mineral-form-of-calcium-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=wrqSmEN6M2wFPaQNioKGnN2at8ZHAB17TKRacABqxGumShUCi269h5%2FgLlMYK9j4

[2] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcite