calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting help on stackoverflow
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 04:00:14 GMT
Indeed. But as I said on this list a while ago, it’s simpler for our users and more efficient
for everyone if questions are asked and answered on StackOverflow. An answer on SO will be
seen by many more people than an answer on the dev list, and it much more likely to be found
by a google search, and unlike an answer on the list, it will be refined and corrected over
time.

So, we should not discourage people asking questions there. We, the Calcite community, should
be endeavoring to answer questions on SO as they come up*, and this will have the effect of
growing the community.

Julian

* Yeah, I know we’re all really busy.