calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Michael Mior
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 20:13:51 GMT
On behalf of the PMC I am delighted to announce Michael Mior as a new Calcite committer.

Michael joined our community fairly recently, but when he showed up, he had already written
a Cassandra adapter. It took very little assistance from us to get the adapter to sufficient
quality put it in Calcite release 1.7[1]. It has been a pleasure interacting with Michael,
and he has some great ideas about how Calcite and Cassandra can work together, such as in
the area of materialized views.

Please give Michael a warm welcome to the project!

Julian

[1] http://calcite.apache.org/news/2016/03/22/cassandra-adapter/ <http://calcite.apache.org/news/2016/03/22/cassandra-adapter/>