calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jhyde.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calcite-Avatica-Master-JDK-1.7 - Build # 5 - Unstable
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:56:51 GMT
Good one. It would have bitten us hard in production at some point, so I'm kind of glad the
Jenkins host was misconfigured.

Julian

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 07:20, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (for those who care)
>
> Turns out the default charset wasn't set to UTF-8 on some of the ASF jenkins hosts and
I had missed specifying a charset explicitly when calling String.getBytes(). This results
in non UTF-8 to be generated from a String which Protobuf ultimately threw an error about.