calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Venki Korukanti <venki.koruka...@gmail.com>
Subject Rewriting null equality join condition into IS NOT DISTINCT FROM
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:50:57 GMT
Hi,

In Drill, we have an improvement request to handle null equality joins (
DRILL-4539 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4539>). Currently
Drill relies on RelOptUtil.splitJoinCondition [1] and [2] to split the join
condition into equi-join condition and remained. We tested by modifying
RelOptUtil.splitJoinCondition to identify null equality condition and
convert it into IS NOT DISTINCT FROM and it works fine. Changes are [3].

I am wondering whether modifying the RelOptUtil.splitJoinCondition to
handle null equality condition is the right way to add the functionality in
Calcite. Is there any other place where we can convert the null equality
condition into IS NOT DISTINCT FROM?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/plan/RelOptUtil.java#L789

[2]