calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calcite on StackOverflow
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 03:16:24 GMT
Yes, increasing activity on StackOverflow is good news indeed.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s well worth answering questions on SO. SO is better indexed,
so an answer on SO is more likely to be found than an answer on an Apache mailing list. And
the format (clear questions, voting up answers, and so forth) tends to produce useful knowledge.

As we’ve said before, writing code is not the only kind of contribution for which we would
make someone a committer. If someone was active answering questions about Calcite on SO I
would regard it as valuable community activity and I would be inclined to vote for them as
a committer.

Julian