calcite-dev mailing list archives

From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Calcite in .Net environment
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 23:05:55 GMT
If you want to talk to Calcite from .NET, the best way would be to use
the Avatica server. It is an HTTP server that allows you to talk to the
calcite backend using protobufs or JSON.

Here's a .NET client that talks to the Avatica server, but is currently
targeted towards Apache Phoenix (which uses Avatica under the hood for
its query server): https://github.com/Azure/hdinsight-phoenix-sharp

Cheers,
Francis

On 9/09/2016 6:26 AM, Rawat, Rishi wrote:
> Hi Calcite team
>
> We are trying to create a data virtualization engine in our technology stack which is
a .Net/C# layer.
> What is the best way in which we can achieve using Calcite from a .Net.
>
> Also we are Sql server heavy in our operations(also data operations expanding to other
data source types). Is there any example that we can try for sql server.

> Thanks in advance.
> Rishi
>
> ________________________________
> The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may
be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying
to the message and deleting it from your computer. S&P Global Inc. reserves the right,
subject to applicable local law, to monitor, review and process the content of any electronic
message or information sent to or from S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses without informing
the sender or recipient of the message. By sending electronic message or information to S&P
Global Inc. e-mail addresses you, as the sender, are consenting to S&P Global Inc. processing
any of your personal data therein.