calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamachorodrig...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Making Calcite release 1.9
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:15:20 GMT
No need for major release 2.0.0, I meant next release : 1.10.0.

Thanks,
Jesús

On 9/1/16, 8:14 PM, "Jesus Camacho Rodriguez" <jcamachorodriguez@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>I am thinking on postponing the first RC (till next week). Monday is holiday in US, thus
I think there is little value on starting the vote tomorrow and need to extend the vote for
additional couple of days. Plus there are still a couple of pending JIRA issues that we wanted
to check in before the release but are not ready yet (see CALCITE-1356).

>If somebody is really eager to have 1.9.0 asap, the alternative is to cut the first RC
now, and maybe we could have a 2.0.0 quickly after that (3-4 week time span), which would
contain fixes for the remaining issues.

>I am in favor of postponing. Feedback is appreciated!
>

>Thanks,
>Jesús
>
>@Atri, thanks for the help. Did you get to run the full regression suite? If you do and
find any issues, please create new JIRA cases and link them to CALCITE-1356.

>On 8/31/16, 10:48 PM, "Julian Hyde" <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Atri,
>>
>>I think it would be useful if you ran the full regression tests (integration tests).
They don’t get run very often and I noticed that there was an error from the Druid suite.
There might be others. You’ll need to get the VM running.

>>Julian
>>
>>> On Aug 30, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jesus,
>>>
>>> Please let me know where I can help in this.

There are
and

so we can hit the