calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamachorodrig...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Making Calcite release 1.9
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:14:11 GMT
I am thinking on postponing the first RC (till next week). Monday is holiday in US, thus I
think there is little value on starting the vote tomorrow and need to extend the vote for
additional couple of days. Plus there are still a couple of pending JIRA issues that we wanted
to check in before the release but are not ready yet (see CALCITE-1356).

If somebody is really eager to have 1.9.0 asap, the alternative is to cut the first RC now,
and maybe we could have a 2.0.0 quickly after that (3-4 week time span), which would contain
fixes for the remaining issues.

I am in favor of postponing. Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jesús

@Atri, thanks for the help. Did you get to run the full regression suite? If you do and find
any issues, please create new JIRA cases and link them to CALCITE-1356.

On 8/31/16, 10:48 PM, "Julian Hyde" <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

>Atri,
>
>I think it would be useful if you ran the full regression tests (integration tests). They
don’t get run very often and I noticed that there was an error from the Druid suite. There
might be others. You’ll need to get the VM running.

>Julian
>
>> On Aug 30, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jesus,
>>
>> Please let me know where I can help in this.
>>
>> On 31 Aug 2016 12:30 a.m., "Jesus Camacho Rodriguez" <
>> jcamachorodriguez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi team,
>>>
>>> I have updated CALCITE-1356 with a list of the issues that are still open
>>> and we wanted to include in 1.9.0, and their status.
>>>
>>> We plan to cut the first RC by the end of this week. Please, if you want
>>> to include any other issue in the release, push it before then!
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> him.

>>> is going to do the work! Obviously we’d all like the issues we logged to be
>>> fixed as soon as possible, but as my wife always says, she’d love a free
>>> trip to Fiji.

and