calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Hiroyuki Yamada <mogwa...@gmail.com>
Subject How to override the costs
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2016 12:27:25 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently trying to use Calcite as a query parser and an optimizer
for my my own database engine
and I'm wondering how I can override the costs in the cost-based optimizer.

I've found a good article about Calcite below and it's very helpful,
but it's basically about how to use the parser.
<https://medium.com/@mpathirage/query-planning-with-apache-calcite-part-1-fe957b011c36#.ph89c2bvo>

Would anyone know where I can find good examples or good tutorials
to know more about how to use/override the cost-based optimizer  ?
I've read the Calcite tutorials and online documents,
but they are not very helpful from that perspective as far as I've checked.

Best regards,
Hiro