calcite-dev mailing list archives

From "Francis Chuang" <francis.chu...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Setting up Wercker continuous integration for Calcite
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 23:34:44 GMT
Hi Pono,

Thank you for bringing that to my information. Ultimately, we want to be able to run tests
for Github pull requests, similar to kafka: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/2012.

I understand that Calcite already has Jenkins setup. What would be required to set up the
ASFBot to build PRs on Github? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much information regarding
that on the ASFBot page here: https://www.apache.org/dev/asfbot.html

Thanks again,
Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pono Takamori [mailto:pono@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 October 2016 10:18 AM
To: francischuang@apache.org
Cc: infrastructure@apache.org Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>; dev@calcite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setting up Wercker continuous integration for Calcite

Wercker has the same problem a lot of Github integration services do, in that it needs write
access to the repo in order to edit hooks, etc.
This is a non-starter for us as we cannot allow write access to ASF repos from third parties.
 The test you mention of maintaining a fork and running against that is the best we can allow
currently.

-Pono on behalf of Infra