calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is Travis build for master broken
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 23:58:59 GMT
We could/should also look at using the ASF-provided Jenkins instance. I
think I probably still have a JIRA issue open somewhere to wire up
Apache Yetus for Calcite/Avatica that I never finished (oops).

Julian Hyde wrote:
> Good idea. I’ve logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1412<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1412>.
>
>> On Oct 4, 2016, at 4:49 PM, F21<f21.groups@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Also, you can check out the builds/runs here: https://app.wercker.com/F21/calcite/runs
>>
>> The failures earlier were due to me adjusting the wercker config.
>>
>> On 5/10/2016 3:08 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
>>> Francis,
>>>
>>> Try removing the depth argument when you do 'git clone'.
>>>
>>> Julian

so that the VM is assigned 7.5GB of memory. Unfortunately, travis is still quite flaky, with
tests only passing some of the time.

wercker: https://github.com/F21/calcite/blob/use-wercker/wercker.yml which failed here: https://app.wercker.com/F21/calcite/runs/build-jdk-7/57f3172e3b89220100273603?step=57f3173814732000019140d0

(default) on project calcite: Execution default of goal pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.1.9:revision
failed: Unable to calculate distance between [commit be18b25415a305aab2d0de2bd074755630e08462
1475548960 ----sp] and [commit 08c56b158ffcfcf205a919cc9fff77a692e649f6 1474099831 ----sp]:
Missing commit 63c51d0c6459a4de5cab01188a7f3b7dd1a259fb ->  [Help 1]

two lines of https://travis-ci.org/apache/calcite/jobs/163844678:<https://travis-ci.org/apache/calcite/jobs/163844678:>

have enough memory to complete the task, or the job takes longer than Travis allows, but these
are wild guesses.

of configurations (in particular JDK 1.7 and 1.8, and a couple of timezones, and occasionally
also on macOS and Windows), and I can confirm that everything is stable.