calcite-dev mailing list archives

From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is Travis build for master broken
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 04:30:11 GMT
I tried to force travis to use a standard trusty vm in
https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/293, so that the VM is assigned
7.5GB of memory. Unfortunately, travis is still quite flaky, with tests
only passing some of the time.

Would it be useful to move to another CI? I tried setting up my fork to
use wercker: https://github.com/F21/calcite/blob/use-wercker/wercker.yml
which failed here:
https://app.wercker.com/F21/calcite/runs/build-jdk-7/57f3172e3b89220100273603?step=57f3173814732000019140d0

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution to this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.1.9:revision (default) on
project calcite: Execution default of goal
pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.1.9:revision failed: Unable to
calculate distance between [commit
be18b25415a305aab2d0de2bd074755630e08462 1475548960 ----sp] and [commit
08c56b158ffcfcf205a919cc9fff77a692e649f6 1474099831 ----sp]: Missing
commit 63c51d0c6459a4de5cab01188a7f3b7dd1a259fb -> [Help 1]

Francis

On 4/10/2016 10:55 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> I’ve noticed it. A lot of Travis builds seem to hang. See the last two lines of https://travis-ci.org/apache/calcite/jobs/163844678:
<https://travis-ci.org/apache/calcite/jobs/163844678:>

>>   No output has been received in the last 10 minutes, this potentially
>> indicates a stalled build or something wrong with the build itself.
>>
>> The build has been terminated
> I don’t know why Travis does this. I suspect that the Travis VM doesn’t have enough
memory to complete the task, or the job takes longer than Travis allows, but these are wild
guesses.

> I have been running the build and tests on my own Linux server in a variety of configurations
(in particular JDK 1.7 and 1.8, and a couple of timezones, and occasionally also on macOS
and Windows), and I can confirm that everything is stable.