calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.10.0 (release candidate 1)
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2016 20:13:54 GMT
Downloaded, reviewed important root files. Built and tested on OSX JDK7

+1 (binding)

Some random notes on DEPENDENCIES... it seems like we have multiple
different versions of some dependencies in Calcite which is pretty weird...
We should probably make sure to only source one across the project.

  - Guava: Google Core Libraries for Java (
http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/guava)
com.google.guava:guava:bundle:15.0
    License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt)
  - Guava: Google Core Libraries for Java (
http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/guava)
com.google.guava:guava:bundle:18.0
    License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt)
  - Compress-LZF (http://github.com/ning/compress)
com.ning:compress-lzf:bundle:1.0.2
    License: Apache License 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
  - Compress-LZF (http://github.com/ning/compress)
com.ning:compress-lzf:bundle:1.0.3
    License: Apache License 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
  - Netty/All-in-One (http://netty.io/netty-all/)
io.netty:netty-all:jar:4.0.29.Final
    License: Apache License, Version 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
  - Netty/Buffer (http://netty.io/netty-buffer/)
io.netty:netty-buffer:jar:4.0.33.Final
    License: Apache License, Version 2.0  (
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)

And some other weird things, such as:

- empty (http://nexus.sonatype.org/oss-repository-hosting.html/unused)
org.spark-project.spark:unused:jar:1.0.0

From: 'Oracle' (http://openjdk.java.net/)
  - JMH Core (http://openjdk.java.net/projects/code-tools/jmh/jmh-core/)
org.openjdk.jmh:jmh-core:jar:1.11.2
    License: GNU General Public License (GPL), version 2, with the
Classpath exception  (http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html)

Note that I believe the above is an optional dependency (which is allowed)
but our dependency file doesn't clearly state that.