calcite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamachorodrig...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New minor release
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 16:59:50 GMT
Obviously I meant Avatica and not Avarice in my previous email... lol

--
Jesús



On 10/5/16, 5:47 PM, "Julian Hyde" <jhyde.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

>+1
>
>I am working on CALCITE-1403. May take a while because I need to rebuild my VM, but it
will go in today.
>
>We can’t do 1270, because Avatica 1.9.0 does not exist yet. (My bad flagging to to be
released Calcite 1.10. I have removed that flag.)
>
>
>Julian
>
>
>> On Oct 4, 2016, at 11:25 PM, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jcamachorodriguez@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
>> 
>> Only outstanding issues with fix version 1.10.0 are:
>> * CALCITE-1403 (Druid adapter, patch available),
>> * CALCITE-1382 (ClassCastException in JDBC adapter), and
>> * CALCITE-1270 (upgrade to Avatica 1.9.0).
>> 
>> CALCITE-1403 will go in soon, and CALCITE-1382 does not seem close to being
>> completed. Thus, unless other members feel strongly about waiting for an
>> Avarice release, I will move forward and create the RC once CALCITE-1403 is
>> in.
>> 
>> --
>> Jesús
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 9/30/16, 1:17 AM, "Jungtaek Lim" <kabhwan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Great! My recent work on Storm depends on CALCITE-1386 so I'd love to see
>>> next release sooner.
>>> Thanks all for putting the great efforts.
>>> 
>>> Best,
>>> Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)
>>> 
>>> 2016년 9월 30일 (금) 오전 3:13, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org>님이
작성:
>>> 
>>>> +1
>>>> 
>>>> Master branch is in good shape right now. Some good stuff has gone in
>>>> since the release, but it is stable.
>>>> 
>>>> I would ask committers to be cautious when committing to master for the
>>>> next few days. That is, be sure to run the test suite before committing.
>>>> Run under both JDK 1.7 and 1.8 if practical.
>>>> 
>>>> Julian
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> On Sep 29, 2016, at 11:00 AM, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <
>>>> jcamachorodriguez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hi team,
>>>>> 
>>>>> I have been working on upgrading Hive to use Calcite 1.9.0, and we found
>>>> some issues that prevent us from upgrading, e.g., CALCITE-1396,
>>>> CALCITE-1397.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thus, I was thinking on starting a new release either tomorrow or
>>>> beginning next week (I will be the release manager again).
>>>>> 
>>>>> At first I was thinking about a bug fix release (1.9.1), but I discuss
>>>> with Julian, and probably it makes sense to have a minor release 1.10.0
>>>> with everything that went into Calcite since our last release.
>>>>> 
>>>>> If you have any comment or you have other fixes that you want in the
>>>> release, please let me know.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Jesús
>>>> 
>>>> 
>
>
Mime
View raw message