calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to get EXTRACT function working in CSVTest
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 20:19:54 GMT
Please log a bug for this.

You’re running into the problem I feared when I wrote "I'd rather that we convert java.sql.Date
values when they enter the system” in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1569
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1569>. EXTRACT needs its input to be
in internal format, which is a long (or Long) for a TIMESTAMP, an int (or Integer) for a DATE
or TIME.

Julian