calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null literals in AggregateReduceFunctionsRule
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 01:04:57 GMT
Adding a cast around the null literal makes sense. I would use “rexBuilder.makeCast(type,
constantNull())” rather than “rexBuilder.makeNullLiteral(type.getSqlTypeName())” because
there’s a chance that the type needs precision & scale.

Can you please create a Calcite jira case and submit a pull request?

And by the way, I think I see similar patterns in AggregateExpandDistinctAggregatesRule, AggregateValuesRule
and even RexBuilder.makeOver.

Julian

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 12:57 AM, Anton Mushin <Anton_Mushin@epam.com> wrote:
>
> Hello community,
> I have worked for support  standard deviation/variance functions in Flink SQL [1] and
I got exception " Type NULL is not supported. Null values must have a supported type.".
 @twalthr confirmed it after[3].